Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Blog is back

I've decided to give Blogger another shot so I'm back here to see how it goes. I'll work around the browser compatibility issue as best I can.

I thought I'd start with a follow-up to my "It's just what I asked for, but not what I wanted" post below. I'm happy to report that a spate of new hi-res sprites which make use of the alpha channel will appear in the next release. In less happy news, I did not come up with a paper-doll sprite system that I am satisfied with and have postponed that for a while. Meanwhile, kaypy has come up with a reasonably efficient way to create layered sprites in Gimp. These don't change at runtime, but it is possible to make a wide variety of sprites with minor differences. Maybe I'll post a little HOWTO hear in the future as a blog topic.

In other news, the next release is planned for December 22, so if you don't get that PS3 perhaps this will be some consolation and give you something to do over Christmas break. Among other things this release will contain a new quest aimed at the early game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home